Hello! I am excited to begin our registration for year two of the Rooted Family Formation Program. Registration packets will be mailed mid-May.
Next year’s Rooted Family Formation Program will be quite similar to this year with a few tweaks:
- High School: Rooted High School Students are invited to participate in two different options:
- Sunday’s – Join in our High School Small Groups
- Wednesday’s – Join in our adult session (no small groups)
- Childcare: Childcare will be offered on both Sunday and Wednesday sessions for children under age four.
- Schedule: We will continue with the first Sunday and Wednesday of the month (in general). A full schedule will be sent out this summer. Monthly sessions will begin with parents and kids in their designated classrooms and we will finish each session with a family activity. We hope with less transition time, we can spend more time learning about our faith.
- Monthly Challenges: Each week, families will have activities to complete at home. Families will pick up a pre-made packet with activities each month.
- Billing: Due to confusion on the registration form, we have moved to common pricing for all West Bend formation programs. Please remember that we are happy to help anyone with financial assistance. Please don’t let cost deter you from attending.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I am happy to continue to look at how we can make Rooted more beneficial for us all. As a reminder, we are partnering with Holy Angels and Saint Mary’s Immaculate Conception to allow for several different options for faith formation. A booklet will come out later in May with these options listed.
- Registration forms should be mailed to the parish at which you plan to participate – even if you are a SFC Parish Member choosing formation at another parish. Your initial $30 payment per child is to be sent to the parish where formation will be taking place. A bill for total expenses will be mailed later this fall.
- Additional information about registering for specific Sacraments of Initiation will be mailed in June. Sacraments of Initiation (First Communion, First Reconciliation and Confirmation) are to be completed in the “home parish” of an individual – even if your formation classes take place at another parish.
- This year we are expanding our At-Home Program to include 1-12 grade for Saint Frances Cabrini and Saint Mary’s Immaculate Conception. We are excited to add a High School option for formation. More information will be available soon.
Thank you for all you do to share our Catholic faith with your children. See you at Mass.
Shared Pastoral Associate and Director of Catholic Formation
Office: 262-338-2366 ext 114
Work Cell: 262-346-1275 (Call/Text)
K4 – 12 Grade ROOTED
Family Sessions 2019-2020
Families with students in grades K4-12 are to attend one session a month – please choose between a Sunday or Wednesday session. Parents are expected to attend the sessions with their children. All classes will be held in the Saint Frances Cabrini School. Each month, parents will be given activities to complete at home with their children.
Sacraments of Initiation
Registration for Sacraments will be mailed home in June 2019. Students must be enrolled in ROOTED Family Formation Program (or neighboring parish catechetical program) OR attend a Catholic School during the year of preparation and the preceding year. Sacraments are completed through each students “home parish” regardless of where they attend school or faith formation programming. There is also a separate fee for Sacramental preparation to help cover the costs of the retreats.
West Bend/Newburg Catholic Parishes Faith Formation Programs Booklet – coming soon!
Keep in touch this year through Flocknote! To get signed up for updates please visit: https://app.flocknote.com/SFC
Weekly email or text updates will be the primary method of communication for our program. We will register you for flocknote with the information you provide. You can also choose to join on your own. This way you can choose all the different groups that pertain to your family and if you would like to receive text messages or email messages.
At-Home Participant E-Assessment Link for 1st through 8th Graders: http://www.aliveinchrist.osv.com/family/send_eassessment
*For questions on our At-Home Program, please Andrea Lehnerz at 262-338-2366 ext. 120