This program is designed for children in grades K5-8 who attend public and non-Catholic private schools for whom the traditional class model does not work. This program is not set up for students who have not received sacraments in second grade or are older and have not had any Catholic faith formation. This At-Home program will go from September–April.
The At-Home program will provide all the materials for you to teach the lessons at home. The series “Alive in Christ “ by Our Sunday Visitor Publishing Co. will be used for this program. A computer is needed for this program to send in E-assessments.
- Grade level book provided for each child. It can be written in and kept.
- Home Session plans provide all that is needed for home-based teaching. Including:
* adult preparation for the lesson * interactive reviews, videos, games, e-assessments
* complete lessons/directions * people of faith activities *independent learning
- There is an Adult learning section devoted to adult formation including articles and videos to help you teach the lessons to your children and help in your own faith growth.
- E-Assessments for each unit must be sent in by the second Sunday of each month.
- Community Sessions will be part of the program. Seven sessions and events are offered during the year for your family on different topics such as the Bible and Catechism basics, prayer, Lent, Advent, the Ten Commandments, family volunteer/service projects, and more. Your family must attend a minimum of five out of the seven sessions. They will be at varied times and locations to accommodate different schedules. All of these dates and subjects will be given out during the summer with a letter so you can set aside the dates.
- There will be two informational meetings for this program.
- The Kindergarten lesson will not be on computer but will be from the Alleluia! Series from Our Sunday Visitor Publishing Co.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 338-2366 ext. 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Catholic Formation
Grades K5-8 At-Home, Sacramental Preparation and Journey Program Director