Teens who are at least 16 years old or entering 11th/12th Grade in the Fall of 2016 will be eligible to receive the sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of 2017.
Confirmation discernment is about more than just checking items off of a list, but teens need to complete certain requirements to ensure that they are prepared to receive the Sacrament.
Above all, teens are expected to be attending Mass every Sunday, because God requires it (see the 3rd Commandment and the Catechism of the Catholic Church, #2180).
There are 12 Confirmation requirements and at least two opportunities to fulfill each one:
- Attend at least one Registration Session with a Parent (Bring baptismal certificate)*
May 15 Confirmation Discernment Registration, 1:00pm – 2:00pm (MCH)
May 22 Confirmation Discernment Registration, 1:00pm – 2:00pm (MCH)
May 25 Confirmation Discernment Registration, 7:00pm – 8:00pm (MCH)
- Attend at least one (or both!) Community Events
September 11 Cookout and Bonfire, 7:00pm – 8:30pm (EC)
September 25 SFC-HD Family Potluck Lunch, 11:30am – 1:00pm (MCH)
- Attend at least one (or both!) Mission/Service Events
September 17 Mass and Habitat for Humanity Project, 7:45am – 2:00pm (C)
November 19 Mass and visit to Cedar Community, 7:45am – 2:00pm (C)
- Attend at least one (or both!) Pilgrimages
October 1 Pilgrimage to Holy Hill for St. Bosco Youth Day, 8:00am – 7:00pm (LPL)
November 12 Pilgrimage to Basilica of St. Josaphat, Milw., 8:30AM – 2:00PM (LPL)
- Choose a Confirmation Sponsor.
Sponsors must complete and return the sponsor-verification-form-2017 to SFC no later than October 2, 2016.
- Attend (with your sponsor) at least one Candidate/Sponsor Session
October 9 Confirmation Candidate/Sponsor Discernment Session, 1:00 – 2:30pm (C)
October 30 Confirmation Candidate/Sponsor Discernment Session, 1:00 – 2:30pm (C)
- Meet with Confirmation Sponsor four (4) times.
- Meet with the candidate four (4) times, complete and return the Sponsor Meetings Summary Form to SFC no later thanJanuary 8, 2017.
- Write a letter of recommendation for the candidate and send it to SFC no later than January 8, 2017.
- Choose a Confirmation (Saint) Name and write a Confirmation Saint Name Paper about the saint’s life.
- Return Paper to SFC no later than November 6, 2016.
- Attend at least one (or both!) Holy Hours
October 16 Eucharistic Holy Hour with Confessions, 3:00pm – 4:00pm (C)
November 6 Eucharistic Holy Hour with Confessions, 3:00pm – 4:00pm (C)
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat February 3rd – February 5th, 2016
- 6:00pm Friday – 1:00pm Sunday (LPL)
- CONFIRMATION RETREAT PERMISSION FORM
- Teens required to be present for entirety of the retreat.
- If you are in need of an alternate retreat, please let me know as soon as possible.
- Complete a Confirmation Interview: February/March 2017, Dates TBD
- Attend the Confirmation Rehearsal, Date TBD once Confirmation date is assigned by the Archdiocese
As with any decision, it is best to be as informed as possible. In addition to the Discernment Sessions, we offer the HD Catechism Classes to help you instruct your teen about the rich history, theology, and beautiful tradition of the Catholic Church.
Questions on Confirmation?
Contact: Kollin Petrie, Youth Minister, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-338-2366 ext 20
Find us on Facebook- SaintFrances Cabrini Youth Ministry