The purpose of the School Advisory Committee is to assist, develop and define the policies and budget which shall govern the operation of Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic School. The School Advisory Committee will support and promote the implementation of these policies. It shall also provide counsel and advice in the operation of the school, including matters that involve recruiting new families and promoting our school to the community at large. It shall be responsible for and provide policies under which administrative personnel (Pastor and Principal) shall operate the educational program of the parish school.
The School Advisory Committee shall consist of the following:
- One (1) Chairperson
- Seven (7) voting members – Five (5) parent/guardian, Two (2) parishioner/Catholic community member with no students in the school
- One (1) Pastoral Council liaison (Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic Parish) – ex-officio
- One (1) Finance Council liaison (Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic Parish) – ex-officio
- One (1) Principal – ex-officio
- One (1) Pastor – ex-officio
It is required that two-thirds of the elected members are parents of children attending Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic School. All School Advisory Committee members must be school parents/guardians, parishioners and/or Catholic community members. A School Advisory Committee member’s term is for three (3) years. Members’ terms are staggered so that there are two (2) openings each year. The School Advisory Committee shall have a representation or a liaison from the parish’s Pastoral Council.